Freitag, 3. Juni 2011

Colour Comparison: Essie Going Incognito vs. Essence Trust in Fashion

I was asked by Ulmiel to compare Essie Going Incognito with Essence Colour & Go Trust in Fashion, since they are kinda similar. I have to say up front, that they are not dupes!

--

Ich wurde von Ulmiel gebeten Essie Going Incognito mit Essence Colour & Go Trust in Fashion zu vergleichen, da die beiden sich recht ähnlich sehen. Vorneweg sage ich schonmal: Dupes sind das nicht!


f.l.t.r./v.l.n.r.: Essence, Essie, Essence, Essie

As you can hopefully see, the Essence is more blue-based and lighter, than the Essie. Though all in all, I'd say, they are close enough, so you don't have to have both. As a plus for the Essence (besides the unbeatable price): I think the formula is nicer, and the brush is pretty good. The Essie is runny and tends to settle into my cuticles, ergh. The Essie is more opaque, needing only two coats, while the Essence needs a third.

--

Wie ihr hoffentlich sehen könnt, ist der Essence Lack bläulicher und heller als der Essie. Alles in allem würde ich aber sagen, dass sie sich ähnlich genug sind, dass man nicht beide braucht. Ein Pluspunkt für den Essence (neben dem super Preis): Die Formel ist meiner Meinung nach besser und der Pinsel ich echt gut. Der Essie Lack ist sehr flüssig und sammelt sich bei mir an den Nagelrändern, bäääh. Der Essie ist allerdings deckender und braucht nur zwei Schichten, während der Essence doch noch eine dritte vertragen kann.

3 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks again! :) I think I'll buy Essence for now, and perhaps Essie later on, if the chance appears. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. thanks for this comparison, I was looking for this everywhere

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Essie Going Incognito is my favourite dark green! It's so gorgeous. I've tagged you for the Liebster Award here http://thenailartiste.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html

    AntwortenLöschen